Bushnell Wheeler Home Links Page
- Photos Of Historic Bushnell Wheeler House on Flickr
- Photos of this South Beloit landmark. The "House on the Hill" is also home to the South Beloit Historical Society.
More info at: BushnellWheelerHome.Com
- Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Info On Bushnell Wheeler Home
- Completed in 1856 for Reverend Alexander Montgomery, the agent for the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions, this Italianate Villa has been restored to its former glory. Local area history room and library. Annual Christmas Open House and summer band concerts in the gazebo. Tours by appointment or chance.
- More Photos Of Bushnell Wheeler Home
- Bushnell Wheeler House
Photos of this South Beloit landmark's 150th anniversary. The "House on the Hill" is also home to the South Beloit Historical Society.
- Bushnell Wheeler House From Roamtherock.com
- Bushnell Wheeler Home Christmas Open House
- Bushnell Wheeler house to host ice cream social
- SOUTH BELOIT —
Even regular visitors to the historic Bushnell-Wheeler house will see something new this weekend at the home’s annual ice cream social.
- VisitBeloit.Com - Info On Bushnell Wheeler House
- history comes alive in the newly restored 1850’s Bushnell Wheeler House situated high on the bluffs overlooking South Beloit and Beloit
- Bushnell Wheeler Home
- Bushnell Wheeler House
The Bushnell Wheeler House of South Beloit was built in the 1850s. The house sits on the hills above the city and sports a variety of period pieces. Tours of the house are available by appointment.
- Fairbanks Morse Corporation
- Wiki on The Fairbanks Morse Corporation
- History Of The Korn Kurl
- During the 1930s, the Flakall Company that produced corn-based feed for livestock sought a way to produce feed that did not contain sharp hulls and grain dust and eventually produced a machine that broke the grain into small pieces by flaking it.
- More History Of The Korn Kurl
- The invention of the cheese curl was quite serendipitous.
- Beloit Daily News Article Re: Christmas Open House
- decorating for the Bushnell-Wheeler House and will open its doors this weekend to the public.
- Eclipse Windmill History
- The Reverend Leonard H. Wheeler invented the Eclipse windmill in 1867. Manufactured from the 1860's to the 1920's, the regular pattern Eclipse windmills was the most common windmill on the Southern Great Plains until the first World War. Produced in sizes from 8 and 1/2' to 16'. The mills were sold by the thousands and used in virtually all parts of the US and exported to many foreign countries.
- More On Eclipse Windmills
- this site is really out of whack as far as design goes. if you can get past the poor layout, ,ots of good information exists on this page.
The Eclipse windmill was invented by Rev. Leonard Hemenway WHEELER in
1867 (Patent No. 68,674, September 10, 1867). He manufactured the windmills in Beloit under the firm name of L. H. WHEELER & Son and died in 1872.
- Wisconsin Public Television
- In Wisconsin VIDEO Segment
- Beloit Daily News - your source for news, entertainment, sports, opinion, events, community, shopping and more > Archives > News > Top News > A.P. Warner’s daring flight
- A group of excited Morgan Elementary students chanted, “Fly! Fly! Fly!” on Wednesday as they looked on at an ultralight aircraft re-enacting Wisconsin’s first flight exactly 100 years ago.
That re-enactment of aviation pioneer Arthur P. Warner’s flight in a field on what once was the A.P. Morgan farm along Milwaukee Road in Beloit on Nov. 4, 1909 was just one of the many celebratory events taking place Wednesday and Saturday as part of “A Century of Flight in Wisconsin.”
- Celebrating a Century of Flight in Wisconsin @ Wisconsin Aviation History